1.27.2011

two letters about love.

** disclaimer:: this might get mushy. but i already warned you before that i love love**

day five.
Write a blog thanking someone who has made your heart come alive. 
 my sweet husband,
today's topic was to write a blog to someone who has made my heart come alive. i felt like the most obvious choice was you. you have no idea what your love has done to my heart. before i met you i was working with the LORD to mend my heart. it was so tattered and torn from being mistreated and not handled very carefully. i feel like it was hanging on by a tiny thread. i was trusting and hoping in the LORD that he would mend it and show me the right person to give it to, but in his time and not my own. oh my, did he ever show me the right person. before you, there was him. i thought i could be completely happy with him. i thought i was. but being with him slowly killed my heart. i couldnt be who i wanted around him. i couldnt wear my silly sparkly shoes. i couldnt be around my loud crazy family without feeling guilt. i just couldnt be comfortable in my own skin. i didnt know this then, but my feminine heart was not being cultivated the way that the LORD intended a man to cultivate his lady's heart. my heart was dying before my very eyes, and i was to blind to see it.
and then there was you. the moment i saw you i felt free. i felt like i was able to be 100% the woman that i was created to be. i felt like you loved every little thing about me and my heart 
(and i know that you still do). i felt my heart awaking and coming back to life. when i look at you i want to be a better me. i want to be a more free me. 
i want to wear my silly shoes, and dance my made up dance moves. i want to cry about things that dont make sense, and i want to tell you all about my hopes and my dreams. i want to serve you better, and serve the LORD with you. you made my heart come alive, and want to be a woman. but do you know why? you are able to do all of those things, and heal my hurting heart, and make it come alive all because of the LORD. so really, i am writing this letter to thank you for all the love and for all the ways you have cultivated my heart, but to also tell you that today, this letter about someone who has made my heart come alive is not going to be written to you, but to him. because i love him first and i love him more, and he has awakened and made my heart more alive than you ever could. 
i'll love you as long as he allows,
a

now for my real letter.

oh LORD my GOD,
you are awesome. and not in the way that i usually use that word, but you are awesome. i stand in awe of your grace, and your mercy, and you love. you knew me before the earth did. you stitched me together in my mama's womb. my for was not hidden by you and you know the number of my days. my heart was dead, cold and dead. you have used your marvelous creativity to show me your beauty. it is those things that caused me to fall in love. my heart was full of sin, and full of uglies. it was so broken and defeated. so many times in my life you sought me out. calling to me, and showing me your love. i never allowed you in, i never allowed you to make me feel alive. then there was that day. the day where i felt like i had nothing left. the day where i heard, " be more quiet now and wait for the LORD to sing to you"
i waited. i became the quietest i have ever been, and i heard you sing. in those moments, with the rain pouring outside i felt my heart burst with life. it felt like giving birth, i was struggling and didnt want to feel anything, and then as soon as i did what i felt was life bursting out of every part of my body. but this time it was my soul. the deepest parts of me, oh LORD, were alive because of your greatness. thank you, thank you, thank you, for saving my dead ugly soul. thank you for rescuing me and winning my heart. thank you for loving me more than my husband does, and for blessing me with a man who seeks to love me the way you commanded him to. you are my rock and my salvation, my first love. thank you for giving me everything that i do not deserve, and loving me despite my sin. i'll love you for the rest of eternity. 
your daughter, 
--------------------------------------------------------- 
THE LIST:


Day 1.  What does beauty mean to you?
Day 2.  What makes you uniquely you?
Day 3.  Who is someone you know who inspires beauty?
Day 4.  Style 31.  Post a pic of you in your favorite outfit.
Day 5.  Write a blog thanking someone who has made your heart come alive.
Day 6.  Jaded beauty.  Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?
Day 7.  Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman.
Day 8.  Have a beauty secret (e.g. hair tip, make up tip)?  Share, please!
Day 9.  What virtues do you value in yourself?

Day 11.  Post a recipe.  Or if you don't cook, try a new recipe and write about how it turned out (pictures please!).
Day 12.  Write about what wears you out as a woman.
Day 13.  Write about something you would like to change about yourself for the better.
Day 14.  Style 31.  Post an outfit pic!
Day 15.  Write to encourage a friend.  Inspire her beauty.
Day 16.  Write a letter to your daughter, or a young girl in your life.  Tell her what beauty means.
Day 17.  Write about 3 things that make you happy.
Day 18.  Describe your personality.
Day 19.  Write about your favorite comfort food (we are women- we ALL have comfort food!)
Day 20.  Write about your job and why you love it or hate it.  
Day 21.  Write a letter to your husband to encourage him (or if you are single- your future husband.)
Day 22.  What are some needs that need to be met in your community?  Blog about how to extend your hand to those who need you.
Day 23.  What are your strengths?  What are your weaknesses?
Day 24.  What is Jesus teaching you presently?
Day 25.  Style 31.  Post a pic of your favorite comfy clothes.
Day 26.  What do you hope your grandchildren will say about you someday when you are gone?
Day 27.  Write a blog to encourage someone and build their confidence!
Day 28.  Write about your insecurities as a woman.
Day 29.  Write about "a day in the life of me."  (Pics are great!)
Day 30.  Who is your role model as a woman?
Day 31.  Write about your dreams and goals as a beautiful woman!
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

please say hello & leave your sweet thoughts!