5.08.2011

Ally the Mamma


Since its Mothers Day, and it would be strange for Ally to blog about how great of a mom she is, I thought I would do it for her. I’ve never really considered what a mom goes through in just a few months after having a baby. Or what kind of hard work it is to raise a child all the way to adulthood. There are a lot of things that I have gained perspective on only after going through them myself. My dad would always tell me “just wait until you (fill in the blank), then you’ll understand.” And it’s true. At least for me anyway.  Maggie is just about six months old. After Maggie was introduced to the outside world, Ally has been hard at work to care for, love, and protect. The self sacrifice and love that Ally has shown for our daughter has been amazing to see. After dealing with so many diapers, feedings, so much crying, screaming, and whining, she perseveres. Not to mention all the struggles, trials, sleeplessness, and working part time. Thanks to you most wonderful mamma. Thank you for all your hard work. Thanks for all the love you have given. Most of all thanks and praise to God. He couldn’t have chosen a better lady for my wife and a better mamma for our baby. Now after six months I’m beginning to understand. My wife is a tough lady doing the toughest job in the world. Happy Mother’s Day Ally.

Love,
Nick & Mags




1 comment:

  1. Amen! What a cute post, Nick. Its a complete added blessing on TOP of blessings when our husband sees and appreciates the work we do. Loved this post and the pics of you and Mags :)

    ReplyDelete

please say hello & leave your sweet thoughts!