3.14.2011

weekend update

ok. this weekend was incredible!
like one of the best weekends i have had in a really long time. 
saturday we had an excellent photo shoot and i am so looking forward to seeing the pictures, if you are in the seattle area and are looking for great pictures at a reasonable price check out lauren's facebook page here. we also went on a really amazing date with my husband. my lovely parents watched miss lady baby so we could go out. we got all fancied up, and went out to cheesecake factory and then to see a movie. it was so fun to feel like a grown-up and not just a mama. 
really yummy salad and pear, blue cheese and walnut flat bread pizza! yum!
my sweet and goofy husband, along with my way to expensive lemon drop.

     






on sunday we woke up and got to go to church without our sweet little girl,(and the funny part was that we were later than we are when we have maggie with us!) the sermon was so amazing! you can download it and listen to it here. i will be posting another blog about why this sermon was so amazing to me soon! stay tuned! then we went to my parents house to get our lady and have dinner. this weekend was so amazing for our marriage. it was so great to just have fun and not worry about maggie. it felt so refreshing and it is just what i think every new mama and daddy need. get-aways/ overnights are way more important than i thought. 
now, getting back on track::
day twenty eight
Day 28.  Write about your insecurities as a woman.
i could write about this one for pages and pages. i am so insecure. but do you want to know something friends, lately the LORD has been working on that part of my heart so much. i am so insecure about my weight, my hair, my teeth, my parenting, my walk with the LORD, my style, my home, my decorating sense, my blogging, my craft skills, my leadership skills, my cooking, my job as a wife, etc. (told you, it could be pages!) but none of that matters. the LORD has really been teaching me that. he has been teaching my heart to be satisfied with where i am and what i am doing. he has been teaching me that i am a work in progress and that all those things that i am insecure about are all things that he can and will be molding to be more like him and more like the women that he wants me to be. its actually really exciting to think about. i am (for the first time ever) really excited about how the LORD is changing me and how hard and good it is. honestly, i love it. 

how was your weekend? 
xoxo::
THE LIST:


Day 1.  What does beauty mean to you?
Day 2.  What makes you uniquely you?
Day 3.  Who is someone you know who inspires beauty?
Day 4.  Style 31.  Post a pic of you in your favorite outfit.
Day 5.  Write a blog thanking someone who has made your heart come alive.
Day 6.  Jaded beauty.  Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?
Day 7.  Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman.
Day 8.  Have a beauty secret (e.g. hair tip, make up tip)?  Share, please!
Day 9.  What virtues do you value in yourself?
Day 10.  What is Jesus teaching you as a wife, mom, or friend? (Or just woman in general?)
Day 11.  Post a recipe.  Or if you don't cook, try a new recipe and write about how it turned out (pictures please!).
Day 12.  Write about what wears you out as a woman.

Day 13.  Write about something you would like to change about yourself for the better.

Day 14.  Style 31.  Post an outfit pic!
Day 15.  Write to encourage a friend.  Inspire her beauty.
Day 16.  Write a letter to your daughter, or a young girl in your life.  Tell her what beauty means.

Day 17.  Write about 3 things that make you happy.

Day 18.  Describe your personality.

Day 19.  Write about your favorite comfort food (we are women- we ALL have comfort food!)

Day 20.  Write about your job and why you love it or hate it.  

Day 21.  Write a letter to your husband to encourage him (or if you are single- your future husband.)
Day 22.  What are some needs that need to be met in your community?  Blog about how to extend your hand to those who need you.

Day 23.  What are your strengths?  What are your weaknesses?

Day 24.  What is Jesus teaching you presently?

Day 25.  Style 31.  Post a pic of your favorite comfy clothes.
Day 26.  What do you hope your grandchildren will say about you someday when you are gone?
Day 27.  Write a blog to encourage someone and build their confidence!
Day 28.  Write about your insecurities as a woman.
Day 29.  Write about "a day in the life of me."  (Pics are great!)
Day 30.  Who is your role model as a woman?
Day 31.  Write about your dreams and goals as a beautiful woman!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a nice weekend! I loved the sermon yesterday too... I'm still waiting for one I don't love though ;-)

    I'm glad God has been teaching you to look to Him for acceptance and love! Its very easy in this world we live in to think we're different (too different) or to measure ourselves up against other people or think there's a standard we're not meeting. I struggled with this when Jason and I were first married; just feeling like I was a nerdy wife and all the other women did a much better job than me. One thing God reminded me of is, HE is who I ought to have my concern and image in - not anyone else. If I'm pleasing Him, it doesn't matter at all if most women think I'm weird or out there in some of the things I do or how I run my house. Its between me and God :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is answering my prayers that you would internalize the good moments as easily and you internalize the bad moments! Praise Him!

    ReplyDelete

please say hello & leave your sweet thoughts!