1.24.2011

less like a peace sign, and more like a free spirit.

i have a friend, who when trying to describe me she said something like this : " you are like a hippie. but not a peace sign wearing, crazy hippie. more like an elegant, fancy, girly hippie, if thats even possible." in lots of ways i agree with her. 

day two
What makes you uniquely you?
i am a mess. i like organized clutter. i think its what i love about thrift stores. things never seem like they are in the right place. thats how i am. my hair is always wonky, my house never put in an order that makes much sense. i wear crazy things sometimes, and if it doesn't match, its "my dream". i often say things funny and use silly expressions. i like things that are old, because they have seen more life than i have. i can not wait to someday live in a house that looks like it belongs to a grandma, but i also love tiffany's, getting fancy, and really clean organized homes. ( i know, that one doesn't make sense)
i am a dreamer. i love to dream about anything and everything. i love love, and everything about it. i have plans for a thousand weddings in my mind, and plan to only be married this one time. i love being in love, and feeling love.
i love barefeet, mismatched kitchens, giant sunglasses, wearing pearls, and wind in my hair. 
i have giant eyes, that show all my emotions.
i am pale. fair skinned.
my hair is black, and has been slowly turning silver since i was 17. 
i love to dance. mostly crazy, wacky, made up dance moves. it makes my daughter and husband smile.
i really want tattoos, but i am to scared to get one. 
i could stay snuggled under a crazy quilt for days. (just because i cant get enough of the quilt.) 
i want my daughter to grow up feeling free to be who she is. i want her to rejoice in her "flaws" and see them as marks of love from the LORD.
my husband is my very best friend. i love that we were created to compliment eachother, and i am so glad that i said, "yes" to him and waited for the LORD to bring him to me, instead of settling for someone else. 
my car smells like crayons, and i love it.
i have crazy stretch marks that i have felt shame over, but am learning to see them as a constant reminder of the time i grew our baby bird in my belly. 
i write. but it's not very good. i dont use capitals, i know very little about grammar, and i am pretty sure i use to many commas. 
my heart has scars from being a teenager, and my LORD and my husband are constantly redeeming them.
my favorite color is pink, but if you came to my house or listened to me talk you would think it was aqua. i am not like any of my friends. if you saw us all together you would wonder how we all got along. i'll tell you how. his name is Jesus. 

 but deeper, much deeper than that, what makes me uniguely me?
i was created. created in the image of my king, and my savior. i was created with pieces of him intricately woven into the rest of who i am. i was designed to be a girl who would turn into a woman and the things that i love, i love because he made me to love them. 
--------------------------------------------------------

THE LIST:


Day 1.  What does beauty mean to you?
Day 2.  What makes you uniquely you?
Day 3.  Who is someone you know who inspires beauty?
Day 4.  Style 31.  Post a pic of you in your favorite outfit.
Day 5.  Write a blog thanking someone who has made your heart come alive.
Day 6.  Jaded beauty.  Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?
Day 7.  Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman.
Day 8.  Have a beauty secret (e.g. hair tip, make up tip)?  Share, please!
Day 9.  What virtues do you value in yourself?
Day 10.  What is Jesus teaching you as a wife, mom, or friend? (Or just woman in general?)
Day 11.  Post a recipe.  Or if you don't cook, try a new recipe and write about how it turned out (pictures please!).
Day 12.  Write about what wears you out as a woman.
Day 13.  Write about something you would like to change about yourself for the better.
Day 14.  Style 31.  Post an outfit pic!
Day 15.  Write to encourage a friend.  Inspire her beauty.
Day 16.  Write a letter to your daughter, or a young girl in your life.  Tell her what beauty means.
Day 17.  Write about 3 things that make you happy.
Day 18.  Describe your personality.
Day 19.  Write about your favorite comfort food (we are women- we ALL have comfort food!)
Day 20.  Write about your job and why you love it or hate it.  
Day 21.  Write a letter to your husband to encourage him (or if you are single- your future husband.)
Day 22.  What are some needs that need to be met in your community?  Blog about how to extend your hand to those who need you.
Day 23.  What are your strengths?  What are your weaknesses?
Day 24.  What is Jesus teaching you presently?
Day 25.  Style 31.  Post a pic of your favorite comfy clothes.
Day 26.  What do you hope your grandchildren will say about you someday when you are gone?
Day 27.  Write a blog to encourage someone and build their confidence!
Day 28.  Write about your insecurities as a woman.
Day 29.  Write about "a day in the life of me."  (Pics are great!)
Day 30.  Who is your role model as a woman?
Day 31.  Write about your dreams and goals as a beautiful woman!


1 comment:

please say hello & leave your sweet thoughts!